Setting Out Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
The role will include (but is not limited to) assisting the project management team in:
- Management of site operations to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with planning and sequencing operations, including writing method statements and risk assessments and procuring materials.
- Completing daily/weekly surveys of any works undertaken along with site diaries and record keeping.
- Implementing quality control, setting out and surveying using modern survey equipment and QA processes including the preparation of Inspection & Test Plans.
- A basic to excellent understanding of setting out fundamentals from first principles, and preferably able to process and understand 3D models, and conversant with GPS equipment.
- Complete 3D models for use on GPS Machine Control Systems.
- Ensuring all works are being undertaken in accordance with the specification and compliant with QA standards.
- Health & Safety, ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- An understanding of commercial awareness, planning and productivity.
- Undertaking briefings where required.
- Good background in Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge of GPS machine control systems.
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND/Degree level.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Experienced with MS Office.
- Must hold full Driving Licence.
- CSCS Card.