Earthworks Manager you will provide site-based leadership for all earthworks, construction operations, promoting Health & Safety management, construction best practice and management of site construction resources in close liaison with the Site Manager. Most importantly you will need to be enthusiastic, driven, a good communicator in addition to being a strong leader/motivator that is able to manage projects to ensure continuity of the works programme and your delivery team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of Earthworks Projects managing relevant site machinery
- Plan and deliver sites work, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
- Ensure short and medium contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
- Monitor progress periodically against the project plan, resolving issues but may escalate critical operational issues to the Project
- Line management of Site Managers and other workflow supervisors.
- Provide updates to the Contracts Manager on project/contract progress, typically operational in nature.
- Ensure risk assessments in place and reviewed as and when needed.
- Manage and Review plant, labour and materials to ensure resources are in place for the works.
- Consult with the Project Manager & Engineer to resolve any technical issues outside of the scope of works.
- Extensive experience in managing construction projects in a civils / earthwork’s environment.
- Good background in Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge of GPS machine control systems.
- Excellent people management skills
- Experienced with MS Office.
- Must hold full Driving Licence.
- CSCS Card.
- SMSTS or SSSTS.