- Amgen Cymru installed a new Mixed Recycling Facility (MRF) for Amgen / Rhondda Cynon Taf at a cost of £10M.
- Prichard’s were required to dismantle and remove the existing plant in full working order to be reassembled offsite. All services were safely disconnected or diverted.
- Prichard’s then carried out the groundworks for the new plant. These consisted of:
- Construction of a new 1,700m2 concrete floor, with specific bases for large items of plant, the floor was then painted with an epoxy resin.
- Installing all new drainage, electrical ducting and chambers for the new facility.
- Safely cutting into the existing ground to form pits for various conveyors and plant with reinforced retaining walls and bases.
- Removal of all waste from the site, working along-side contractors from Germany and the UK.
- The new plant was delivered to the authority on programme and on budget and is now fully functioning for the county’s dry mixed recycling.